Monday, March 19, 2007

Cough abatement is a lousy hobby

I've come down with a nasty cough that I can't seem to shake. Although I recently finally managed to get my circadian rhythm aligned in a somewhat normal fashion (even despite the daylight savings switch), it's been ruined by a couple of awful nights tossing and turning in bed and coughing. The only thing that seems to quell the coughing is going to sleep with a Halls in my mouth. However, Halls are full of sugar, and I can feel them corroding my teeth, and thus it's not something I want in bed all night. Further, I'm paranoid that I'm going to choke on one as if I'm fortunate enough fall asleep. I've also tried the sugar-free Ricola, but they have no real "bite" as medicine. I wasn't planning on being sick for a while, but I might have to become a connoisseur of the cough-losenge inudstry in the near future. I'm looking for something uber-potent, yet sugar free...

In the last four hours I've chugged half a bottle of Robitussin and Robitussin Nighttime respectively (which would make for an entire bottle in total), in addition to four DayQuils and Four NyQuils (on opposite poles of the four hours of course), yet I'm still coughing. This cough is annoying enough that I''m resolving to become Howard Hughes-esque in my germ prevention in the near future, so I don't get sick ever again. On the bright side, I just began to feel a nice high from the cough syrup....

No comments: