Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Road to Anomie and Jadedness is fun!

The new computer came in the mail today. UPS gives people notice that they can expect their packages between 9AM and 7PM, which is lovely, since most people work or go to school during these hours. When the package didn't come by 2:30, I debated cutting my class, but since it's statistics, and missing one class might destroy a semester's worth of sequential learning (and I'm not intellectually gifted enough in that realm to compensate if I did miss it), I decided it wasn't worth the risk. I ran back home and waited around until it finally came, and after setting it up, it's so wonderful to get to type and surf in a (relatively) ergonomically correct fashion and bask in the crystal-clear, luminous glow of my 20" monitor (while the computer processes everything instantaneously, as opposed to the herky-jerky and precarious chugging along of my old laptop). The only disappointment is that the LCD picture appears to be a bit grainy with a couple of my DVD's (which I understand is a drawback to LCD's relative to CRT's). However, watching DVD's is a very secondary purpose intended for the monitor, so it's not a big deal.

Regardless, I'm happy as a clam right now. I sure I hope this doesn't turn into one of those things that you appreciate immediately, then take for granted and find blase later...

No comments: