Monday, July 30, 2007

Tumbleweed

The cyber-tumbleweed here won't last forever, but it's going to be a quiet two weeks as I gallivant across the continent visiting family and such. I kind of don't want to leave my boring, but settled routine at home, and am particularly concerned about the lack of diet control I'll have over the coming days (and there better be more than Burger Kings and $2.75 Pepsi in NYC for the ASAs anyways!). I've made really good progress this summer, to the point that a colleague told me that I "looked great" the other day (although, in fairness, she's one of those kind, complimentary souls who usually goes out of her way to say those sorts of things) . Further, this trip is a potential time-bomb for familial conflicts, so I hope I manage to step very gingerly and not detonate anything.

Anyways, as long as I do better than "ambivalent" in regards to how I feel about the time and expense of this trip afterwards, I'll be satisfied..

No comments: