Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Triumphs of willpower!

After a particularly intense workout today, I went to the cafe to get a delicious protein shake, yet after I left to drink it, I had a hunch that they forgot to put the protein in it. So, since I'm an epicure who is always hungry, I stop by the corner store, still craving something salty and beefy to get my protein fix for my quivering muscles. Sure enough, I find a Slim Jim Beef Steak in no time, and while the nutritional info wasn't on the package, I think I remember seeing a similar product with info on it, and think to myself "actually, I think these only have like 8g of fat, and have lots of protein." Yet, as I approach the cashier, I also remember reading that beef jerky (which in fairness, isn't necessarily the same thing as a "Beef Steak") is just about the most fattening, unhealthy food there is. So, I recoil in horror and put the beef steak down, and run out of the store before I can pay for it and consume it, leaving a hilariously puzzled look on the face of the cashier, who had seen me wait in line for two minutes just to do that.

Even if the product was nutritionally "non-awful", it's still nice to be fighting the war on calorie consumption somewhat successfully!

No comments: