Monday, December 18, 2006

Can't sleep....Clown'll eat me...

4:17AM and still no signs into lapsing into a anything resembling a sleep-esque state of consciousness. Sleeping in like the epicure for sloth that I am has apparently tricked my body into thinking it's in the Singaporean time-zone. I'm toying with the idea of staying up all night and day, but I was hoping to do work for a few days this week. Regardless, I probably am going to have to do it eventually, as I'll be visiting family for the Holidays, and I always feel that my "wake at 10:30 at the earliest, sleep at 3" is kind of rude, or at least embarrassing. Being a night-owl, it's much easier to set my clock 18 hours forward than 3 hours back. I know this is larely because the circadian rhythm for adults is 25 hours long, but my body has way more inertia in my sleep-wake cycle. Since childhood, I've always wanted to stay asleep when I wake up, and don't want to sleep when I'm awake at night. Regardless, since I'm an upwardly-mobile professional (at least in theory), I can't let them in on my secret that I live like an unemployed stoner (well, minus the drugs at the very least).


4:27...*sigh*

No comments: